Tour with private Tranpsort and private service (guide). Trip from Arequipa to Cabanaconde, trekking in and at the edge of the Colca Canyon as well as journey to Puno in private transportation in order to be ready for the lake Titicaca on the following day.
Day 1: Arequipa – Cabanaconde
The tour with private service starts with our private guide picking you up at your hotel for a 6hour trip until we reach the Colca Canyon, which is the deepest canyon all over the world (3400m). The highest point at our journey today will be in 4900m above sea level. The Colca Canyon is famous for the possibility of adventure sports. We will spend our night in Cabanaconde.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
Day 2: Cabanaconde – Cruz del Condor – San Juan de Chucho
Today we start our trip to the famous view point “Cruz del Condor”, where we will spend about one hour watching the majestic flight of the Condor, one of the hugest birds in the world. Afterwards we start our way to Cabanaconde at an altitude of 3.400 meters above sea level, where we start the trek. After descending a section of about 4hours we arrive at San Juan de Chuccho (2.200 meters above sea level), which is located on the right bank of the Colca Valley. Here we will rest and have lunch, while marveling at the walls of the Canyon and sharing pleasant moments with the locals. Afterwards you have the rest of the day for yourself. Dinner and overnight in San Juan de Chuccho. Overnight in bungalows.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 3: San Juan de Chuccho – Consñirgua – Malata – Sangalle
After the breakfast we will go on with our walk to the Oasis (Sangalle 2.100 meters above sea level), on the way we pass the villages of Consñirgua and Malata (2.450 meters above sea level). These are zones, where we can find a variety of fruits as well as interact with the local people, who are always willing to communicate with visitors, exchange words and share good moments with them. The village of Malata is characterized by its church of the 17th Century. After a walk of more or less 3 hours, we will get to Sangalle, where we can enjoy a natural swimming pool of around 24 degree. We can enjoy the peace of this place, while waiting for the lunch. Afterwards we have the afternoon free until dinner time. If the season allows us, we can see a stunning sky of stars in the night. Overnight in bungalows.
Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Day 4: Sangalle – Cabanaconde – Chivay – Puno
Today we get up early at 04.00am in order to start the ascent of approximately 4hours until we get back to the village of Cabanaconde again. In the beginning we will need the light of our flashlights, but when the light of the dawn comes up, it will point us the way. Upon arrival in Cabanaconde we will enjoy our breakfast before taking our private vehicle, which brings us to the village of Chivay, where we have the option to visit the medicinal hot springs of Calera of 40 degree. Afterwards we have time for lunch before starting our journey to Puno with stops on this beautiful route.
Meals included: Breakfast
Price per person by a group of minimum 2 persons
- Private transportation from Arequipa to Puno
- Private official tourism guide
- Night in bungalows (San Juan de Chuccho) on basis of multiple accommodation (double, triple, four bed room)
- Night in bungalows (Oasis Paraiso) double room with private bathroom
- Food during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- The food includes omelets, soups, fresh fruits, avocado, pasta, beef, rice; all rich of carbohydrates, which are needed to compensate the physical exertion due to the trekking as well as hot drinks like tea of coca leafs which is excellent for the altitude.
- Entrance ticket the Cruz del Condor reserve (S./ 70, paid separately to the local tourism authority AutoColca)
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs of la Calera (S./ 15, optional)
- Food in the city (Chivay), last lunch
- Personal clothes and trekking equipment
- Water, snacks, chocolate, etc.
What to Bring:
- Day pack
- Shoes or boots with strong sole
- Trekking pants (shorts-convertible are good)
- Short or long-sleeved light layers
- Fleece, sweater or soft shell jacket
- Hat or cap, preferably broad-brimmed, sunglasses, and suncream
- Swimming gear
- Headlamp with spare batteries
- Water and chocolate, sweets or other snacks
During sunny conditions you are likely to consume approximately a 1/2 litre of water per hour: we recommend that you carry approximately 1.5 litres of water while trekking. We also recommend that you carry chocolates, sweets, and something salty (to replace minerals lost through sweating). Water and snacks can be bought in all the villages we pass through during this trek, as well as sometimes on the canyon trail itself.